Fishing Tour Questions
Where do you go fishing?
We fish off the west coast of Haida Gwaii, in Cartwright Sound (Tcenakun point) , known locally as Skidegate Point. Here, there is plenty of salmon, halibut, yellow eye (red snapper) rock fish, crabs, prawns and more.
How long is a fishing tour?
A typical fishing tour lasts between 8 and 10 hours. This includes about an hour travel one-way from Queen Charlotte to Carwright Sound.
Do I need a fising license, and What are my fishing limits?
All individuals planning to fish must purchase a fishing license online in advance. You must print your permit and carry it with you on the trip.
Cultural Tour Questions
What kinds of boats do you travel on?
We travel on a 28 foot, titan rigid hull inflatable zodiac. It has forward seating with grab bars, and sits 12+ passengers. It has twin engines and a washroom on board, with a closed cabin.
What do you provide on the tours, and what do I need to bring?
You should bring...
- Warm breathable clothing (Fleece)
- Personal waterproof footwear
- Personal Camera
And we will provide...
- Safety gear: Helly Hansen integrated floater jackets, rain pants and rubber boots. Balaclavas and toques are also provided for extra comfort.
- Traditional lunch and snacks: BBQ wild salmon, salad, rice and more. We will happily cater to dietary needs and preferences with advance notice.
- Non-alcoholic beverages: Coffee, tea and water.
Haida Gwaii Questions
HOW DO I GET TO HAIDA GWAII?
You can travel to Haida Gwaii from the mainland by ferry or by air. The ferry departs from Prince Rupert, and more information can be found through BC Ferries. Flights travel from Vancouver to Sandspit with Air Canada and Masset with Pacific Coastal.
WHERE IS THE QUEEN CHARLOTTE WHARF?
The Queen Charlotte Wharf is located in downtown Queen Charlotte. There is a short access road directly across the street from Howler's Pub and the private liquor store. If you walk down that, you will see our bright red zodiac's loading spot.